Some wip in crappy phone quality (in the last one there’s also the ghost of a bottle being removed from the table… the ghost-of-bottle-less photo was too dark), I’m sorry we don’t have more… Hope they will be useful anyway for anyone trying to do the same!
The process was this:
- We took inspiration from Ryoko’s Jessie wig, and made the hairline following this tutorial.
- Taped some paper around the wig head so it was the size of Yeliza’s.
- Put the wig on and cut all of the hair off (except in the back, we then glued them up to cover the cardboard).
- Made the shape out of cardboard and masking tape (it was a trial and error process)
- Glued the wefts back on it with vinyl glue
- Made the “antennae” and then glued them on (you can see them in the links below)
- Added some other hair in front of the ears or the whole thing looked silly on a head.
You can see it finished here, and here.
We didn’t have a proper shooting for this costume yet, just some convention photos taken by a friend, so you can’t really see the costumes and wig that well, sorry!
Also, you can throw this wig at a wall and the wall will crash… XD
If anyone’s interestend we’ll make some photos of the back!